Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Zombie Blogs

Hint-- he has this image on his website.
Since I am writing a zombie blog I often Google the words “zombie blog” to see what the other Zombie blogs are doing.

The top hit hasn't updated since October 30th. I mean, what the damn hell? No HALLOWEEN update? I think the person who writes it is in Canada. Do they have Halloween in Canada?

Not only that, but previous updates include one at the beginning of October, and the one before that is in July. A two-month span of no updates. And this is the first hit you get on Google when you search for “zombie blog.”

My complaint is not against the blogger himself. Actually, it’s a pretty good blog, and I’ve been enjoying my shuffling wander through the blood-soaked organs of its archives. Nor do I think mine is “better.” I’m not out to stare and compare.

Its just that I want fresh zombie stuff, so I can mingle with the freshness. Its all about SEO, right? Search Engines are zombies and I am trying to get their attention by shouting and looking like food.

Which is why I haven’t mentioned that other blog by name-- if I link to it, I increase its ranking on Google. That might make me a jerk, but, I have told you how to find it easily, and, I’m thinking about sending him a copy of “Still LIfe, With Zombie” for him to review, which means I’m hoping he’ll link to my site.

If he does another update this year.

And when he does, I will, of course, put a link back to him. I’m not a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment