Thursday, November 7, 2013

Free Zombies (But Not: Free the Zombies)


If you’re reading this, you’re not playing No More Room in Hell. Well, guess what, neither am I. But man I want to. I was on my computer last night and I saw an ad pop up. Was it Reddit? Or maybe Steam itself? Yeah, it’s on Steam. I downloaded it but had to go to bed before it finished. Cause I have this job I go to everyday and I have to be up early. #$%^& morality.

Go download the game now. I am telling you this even though I haven’t played it yet. It’s free, damn it, it’s zombies, what more do you need?

Why are you still reading this? You’re like the shuffling dead, chasing me to the last line of this blog post. You can’t be reasoned with. All you want to do is feed. Well, here’s me screaming and writing away. Thank goodness for spell check. I need a weapon of some kind. I could bash in the brain of your sensibilities by saying something awful to get you to stop reading. George Romero was an idiot! That’s a shotgun blast to your guts!

Ah but it’s not true and you’re still coming after me. No More Room in Hell is, from what I can tell on their website, a first-person survival mod of the Source engine (that’s the Half-Life one. Hey, is that cool or what: Zombies are dead, but walking around like they’re alive, so they sorta have life, or Half Life. Yes it’s a stretch. When you’re being chased by reader-zombies you use anything you can to keep going). It’s not unlike Left 4 Dead in it’s co-op aspect, but up to 8 can play, which reminds me a bit of Killing Floor. But in NMRiH (name taken from that line in Dawn of the Dead: “When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.”) you’re defending your base, which is different enough from those others to be intriguing.

Maybe you haven’t stopped reading this and gone straight to Steam because you don’t have Steam. What is wrong with you people? How can you be the sort of person who reads zombie blogs but doesn’t play zombies games? Yes, you can get Dead Island on your X Box, but come on, man. No wonder you’re still after me.

Oh no! The inevitable tree branch/trash can/random object as tripped me up! You’re closing in! My workmates are arriving and I have to finish this blog post! You got me! Oh the horror as you feed on these last final words. But before I go: go downloadNo More Room in Hell now and tell me what it’s like!

No comments:

Post a Comment