Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Zombies are Coming… Tomorrow

With no apologies or explanation I am announcing that Zombie for Life will now be updated only weekly. 
Weakly?
Oh shut up. I’m turning into a zombie myself with all this writing. That’s me, shuffling after sentences, gurgling “blogs.” The whole point was to “promote” my book of short stories. But writing these posts has gotten to be more fun than that. Yeah, I wind up waxing pseudo-philosophical, but then I like to hear myself talk. No zombie can say that! Or say anything! Cause they don’t talk!
Anyhow, I got other blogs going weekly now too, so I have arbitrarily decided Thursday will be Zombie day. Until it isn’t. Or until I get some more energy and write up a whole mess of stuff too good to hold onto.
In the meantime (or until tomorrow I guess) here’s some zombie quotes. I Googled “best quotes” and it gave me a bunch of quotes with the word “best” in them, so exchanged the word “best” with “zombie” and these turned out to be all true.
  • In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the zombie teacher. --Dalai Lama 
  • The only real failure in life is not to be true to the zombie one knows. --Buddha 
  • The zombie road to progress is freedom's road. --John F. Kennedy 
  • Learn to say 'no' to the good so you can say 'yes' to the zombie. --John C. Maxwell 
  • I am easily satisfied with the zombie. --Winston Churchill 
  • I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the zombie. --Oscar Wilde 
  • He who knows zombie knows how little he knows. --Thomas Jefferson 
  • But men are men; the zombie sometimes forget. --William Shakespeare 
  • Why don't you start believing that no matter what you have or haven't done, that your zombie days are still out in front of you. --Joel Osteen 
  • Expect the zombie. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes. --Zig Ziglar
Grr, arrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment